North Addington Education Centre
Our mission is to provide a positive, caring learning environment which enables all students
to acquire attitudes and self-confidence to live independent, fullfilling and meaningful lives
as happy and productive members of society.
- In meeting individual needs of students and preparing them to make a worthwhile contribution to our complex society;
- in developing students' resourcefulness, adaptability, and creativity in learning and living;
- in establishing goals and directions for the system through collaboration with students, employees, parents, and the community;
- the learner is the focal point in a learning environment that fosters the development of confidence and a sense of self-worth;
- in providing stimulating opportunities for all students and staff to learn in a supportive climate;
- education must promote core values of honesty, responsibility, acceptance, caring, respect for people and the environment and an appreciation of aesthetics;
- education is a life-long learning process;
- the Board should be constantly accessing and adapting its programs to meet the changing social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs of the whole child;
- in achieving excellence in education by endeavoring to ensure that effective, caring and dedicated staff are in every classroom and support position;
- that our policies, practices and procedures should reflect equitable opportunity for all.